http://walkinglegends.com/resources/links/ ( 26 June, 2017 )
North Island hikes
Walking Legends offers a wide range of guided walking holidays in New Zealand including the famous North Island hike, the 'Lake Waikaremoana Great Walk' and Rotorua Day Treks, the Waikaremoana Discovery Tour, Tongariro Hiking Tour, Coromandel Walking Tour and custom made walking and hiking holidays. If you are planning to visit or hike in New Zealand's North Island, you may also find these resources helpful when you begin your planning:
- East West Homestay & Holiday Apartments Very comfortable bed & breakfast accommodation, self-catering apartments & cottages in a quiet street, 5 mins walk to Rotorua city centre. Heated swimming pool and spa.
- Jack and Di's Luxury, lake view bed and breakfast style accommodation. Great location close to Lake Rotorua and city centre.
- Hamurana Lodge Boutique luxury hotel, set on a country estate 15 mins from Rotorua city centre.
- Tresco B&B Comfortable bed & breakfast accommodation in a character villa close to Rotorua city centre. Hot mineral pool.
- Solitaire Lodge 5 star luxury lodge located on private peninsula at Lake Tarawera, with stunning views.
- Treetops Estate 5 star luxury lodge located in its own private wilderness estate, with walking, fishing and hunting on your doorstep.
- Emerald Spa New motel with luxury studios and suites boasting private spas, near city centre.
- Fenton Court Motel Four star motel near Rotorua city centre, with private spas.
- Sport of Kings Motel Comfortable motel on a quiet road near Rotorua city centre, with shared spa.
- Regal Palms Motel 5 star motor lodge about 15 mins walk from Rotorua city centre, with private spas and swimming pool.
- Treks Backpackers New Rotorua backpacker accommodation, in city centre.
- Funky Green Voyager Cosy backpacker accommodation in quiet street near centre.
- Kiwipaka YHA Rotorua backpacker accommodation.
- Alfresco B&B Very comfortable bed & breakfast accommodation with friendly hosts, 15 mins walk along river to town centre. Outdoor spa.
- Crestwood Homestay Self contained guest area with 2 bedrooms, sunny deck and great views.
- White Island Rendezvous Motel & Villas Motel, self-contained villa and bed & breakfast accommodation in a great location near the wharf and town centre.
Other New Zealand
- Waikawa B&B B&B accommodation with spectacular sea views on the North Island's East Cape, Te Kaha.
- Auckland No. 1 House Beautiful villa on waters edge (own beach), yet only 8 mins from centre. Meet you at airport, full cooked breakfast, happy hosts.
- Old Courthouse B&B Historic courthouse beautifully refurbished into a lovely B&B in Raetihi, near Tongariro National Park.
- Tongariro Crossing Lodge Boutique lodge in National Park, with fantastic hosts.
Useful Travel Services
- Air New Zealand International and national flight service. Trialling the use of bio-fuel to reduce carbon emissions! Now offering Sydney to Rotorua direct flights.
- Qantas International and national flight service.
- Intercity Coachline National coach service.
- Naked Bus National coach service offering cheap, no-frill fares.
- Tranzscenic Rail National railway service. Auckland to Tongariro.
- Interisland Ferry Ferry service connecting the North and South Islands.
- Bluebridge Ferry Ferry service connecting the North and South Islands.
- Omega Rental Cars Nationwide car rental in New Zealand - great rates, modern fleet, roadside assistance
- Go Rentals Quality, well presented and maintained rental cars at very competitive prices in New Zealand. Free delivery to Auckland hotels.
- Ace Rental Cars New Zealand car hire company with competitive rates which include unlimited kilometers insurance and roadside assistance.
- Tui Campers NZ Campervan rental company specialising in catering for international tourists.
- Moa Trek See a decidedly different NZ with Moa Trek's wine tours, luxury customized private tours, and tailormade itineraries.
- New Zealand Tours Offering small group guided tours, coach tours, self drive tours, private tours and sightseeing day tours throughout New Zealand.
- Rotorua Sustainable Tourism Charter Members committed to improving their environmental sustainability.
- Organic Explorer Green travel guide to sustainable NZ: eco-tourism, cafes and accommodation.
- NZ Tourism Online Comprehensive directory of NZ tourism operators, activities and accommodation.
- Airfare to NZ Find discount airfare to NZ with Canuckabroad.
- Auckland Airport Car Hire A global leader providing affordable car rentals all across New Zealand with high presence in Rotorua.
- www.rsvnonline.com RsvnOnline.com
- Green Maven Search engine for websites with social and environmental values
- Enlightened Traveller designs original self-guided walking tours and trekking holidays in Provence and Southern France.
- www.itravelnet.com iTravelnet
- www.travelprofessor.com Travel Professor
- www.onebigdirectory.com One Big Directory
- www.tatet.com Tatet
- www.w-o-w.com World Outdoor Web
- www.searchtheoutdoors.com Search The Outdoors
- SightQuest Outdoors - Camping, Hiking, Hunting, Fishing and more
- www.url.biz Travel
- Rome Hotels Book a hotel room in Rome, Italy on this website. Quality hotels on discount rates with online reservations.
- Cheap Airline Tickets & Vacation Packages One stop for cheap tickets, car rentals, vacation packages and Las Vegas hotels.
- Flight Network Cheap tickets for world-wide destinations
- Car hire in Spain Cheap car hire Spain! Compare car hire prices for Spain from all of the top rental car companies with one search, including Alamo, Budget, Avis, Sixt, Economy, Hertz, Thrifty and Easycar.
New Zealand Adventure Activities
- Waimangu Volcanic Valley An exceptional walk through native forest and an active volcanic valley created by Mt Tarawera's eruption in 1886.
- Orakei Korako Cave & Thermal Park A really special place featuring interesting volcanic formations including silica terraces and an unforgettable geothermal cave, situated on the shores of Lake Ohakuri.
- River Rats Rafting Great rafting adventures on the famous Kaituna rapids and other rivers in the region.
- River Jet The only place in NZ where you can jet boat to a thermal reserve and experience 2 of NZ's best icons - jet boating and geothermal activity.
Te Urewera National Park
- Te Urewera Rainforest Route A collection of tourism operators offering a range of guided wilderness experiences in the largest National Park in the North Island.
- Ahurei Adventures Hunting and fishing trips, marae stays and bush cabin accommodation, deep in Tuhoe country, hosted by local Maori.
- Te Urewera Treks Unique 1- to 3-day treks with local Maori guides in the Whirinaki Forest Park, Te Urewera National Park, and on private Maori land.
- Kiwi River Safaris 2 hour guided rafting adventures on the Rangitaiki River (grade 3-4).
- White Island Tours Award winning eco tours on New Zealand's most active volcano - White Island.
- Whale & Dolphin Watch Unique marine adventures in the coastal waters off Whakatane, including dolphin swimming and Whale Island eco-cultural guided walks.
- Kanuka Wilderness Hunting A hunting and fishing paradise, Palmerston North.
- Paparangi Ventures A real NZ outback adventure on 1200Ha native bush near the wild Motu River. Accommodation and guided walks.
- Active Earth NZ Adventure hiking safaris in the North Island.
- Walk Gisborne Three day unguided private farm, bush and coastal walk, with spectacular views, character accommodation, gourmet meals, bag transport, massages and NZ wine.
- Fly Fishing Guide Tongariro Local fishing legend Ken Drummond offers full and half-day guided fishing trips in Tongariro back-country, for all ages and experience levels.
- Southern Wilderness guided hikes on the Heaphy Track and other walks in the spectacular Nelson Lakes region of the South Island.
- Kaikoura Wilderness Walks operates 2 and 3 day guided walks through the privately owned Puhi Peaks Nature Reserve high in the Seaward Kaikoura Range.
- Sea Kayak Abel Tasman The Sea Kayak Company is locally owned and operated and specializes in guided paddlling adventures in the Abel Tasman National Park.
- Unlimited New Zealand offer a one day guided trip to Arthur's Pass National Park from Christchurch, which includes a half day guided walk and return journey on the TranzAlpine scenic train.
- Pure Trails NZ Active walking holidays exploring some of our favourite places in the South Island.
- NZ Walking Company Offer a range of walking holidays throughout New Zealand.
- Backpack New Zealand Comprehensive directory of activities and services available in New Zealand.
- Backpacker Board New Zealand The independent travel guide for New Zealand. Fully interactive online guide for backpacking and budget travel in NZ.
- Trekking NZ A range of DVDs and videos about other New Zealand walking tracks.
- Backcountry NZ I enjoy hiking the back country trails of NZ. Come and see spectacular views of the Milford, Routeburn, Kepler and Stewart island tracks.
- Tourism Online Comprehensive directory of tourism operators and activities in New Zealand.
- Adventure New Zealand Information, tours and itinerary planning for adventure travel to New Zealand.
- Experience New Zealand Travel New Zealand vacation services and recommended accommodation guide.
- Trout Fishing New Zealand Information and tips on trout fishing in New Zealand.
New Zealand Information
- Greenpeace New Zealand and world-wide environmental campaigners. Check the site for their latest news and events, and to find out how you can help to save the world!
- Kiwi Recovery Programme A site loaded with interesting information about our threatened national bird, with a little info on the programme running at Waikaremoana.
- 100% Pure New Zealand The official New Zealand tourism site. Contains a wealth of information on travelling and tourism in New Zealand.
- Department of Conservation For more information on the Waikaremoana area and New Zealand's other national parks and conservation areas.
- NZS.com The online directory of all things New Zealand.
- Craig Potton Publishing Independent New Zealand publisher and distributor of fabulous NZ books and photos, with particular focus on walks and the outdoors.
- Gisborne Information Centre Information on Gisborne and the East Cape area.
- Rotorua Information Centre Information on the Rotorua area.
- Organic Explorer Complete guide to New Zealand's eco-tours, organic food and eco-accommodation.
- New Zealand Focus New Zealand tourism information guides.
- Gym in a Suitcase Christchurch based website providing information on health and fitness facilities for travellers.
- Tramper NZ New Zealand's most extensive site devoted solely to our favourite activity, "tramping", known as hiking or trekking in other parts of the world.
- Peak Bagging Forum and route descriptions of New Zealand's peaks.
- NZ Wine Cellar Site providing information on our next favourite activity! Wine sales, festival events, regions, books and general NZ wine advice.
- NZ Bartender Site packed with drinks recipes, competitions and articles.
- One Weather Check out the weather in New Zealand today!
- Qualmark New Zealand tourism's official quality assessors.
- NZ Adventure Jobs Situations vacant in NZ's Great Outdoors.
- Nick Jacobs Website Design Talented young website designer, with original and eye-catching designs. Check out his site!
- Travel Library Travelogues describing trips and experiences world-wide.
- Peak to Peak A BIG database of hiking ("tramping") related web sites.
- Tracker Outdoors A North-American based, comprehensive resource for camping, fishing, hunting and organic gardening information.
- Europe Hotel Guide Online hotel reservations for most European cities.
- Infohub Specialty Travel Guide A travel guide containing unique specialty interest tour packages and anything associated with specialty travel.
- Perfect Places Vacation Rentals An international directory of 1000's of vacation rental homes, villas, condos, and B&B's. Enter your vacation rental criteria and you will receive a list of vacation rentals to choose from.
- Turkey Travel Guide Turkey hotels guide. Turkey Tours, cheap rental cars and flight tickets.
- Walking Plus Guided walking group holidays to Greece, Naxos, Tinos & more Greek Islands.
- Wonder Walkers New Zealand Women Walking Site.
- Fly Fishing Forum Fly fishing forum and other resources.
- Fake Grass
- www.avatar.co.nz Avatar Web Promotions
- www.gonzoz.com Gonzoz
- www.kiwismart.co.nz KiwiSmart
- www.entry.net.nz New Zealand Entry Network
- New Zealand Wedding Services
- Pacific Tourways - New Zealand
- Scenic Pacific New Zealand Tours
- Destination New Zealand